Perhaps after spending time on this Web site you have realized that you have never surrendered your life to Jesus Christ. Don’t delay that decision! I encourage you to embrace God’s amazing love today and receive the salvation that only Jesus gives.
Here are five simple steps you can take to begin a relationship with God:
1. Recognize your need. The Bible tells us: “All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Rom. 3:23, NASB). All of us are sinners, and we must admit our need for a Savior. You cannot save yourself.
2. Repent of your sins. Because God is completely holy and we are sinners, our sins create a wall that separates us from God. By confessing your sins and turning from them, you will find forgiveness. “Repent” means to make a 180 degree turnaround. The Bible promises: “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (I John 1:9).
3. Believe in Jesus. This is the most important step! God worked a miracle when He sent His only Son to die so that He could pay for all our sins. Put your faith in Him and believe in His power to save you. The Bible says: “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life” (John 3:16).
4. Receive His salvation. God has given us this free gift, but we still must accept it. Thank Him for sending Jesus to die on the cross for you. Thank Him for His amazing love, mercy and forgiveness. Then ask Him to live in your heart. His promise to us is clear: “But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God” (John 1:12).
5. Confess your faith. The Bible assures us: “If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved” (Rom. 10:9). You have been born again and are now part of God’s family. Now tell someone else what Jesus has done in your life!
If you have walked through these five steps, you can say this prayer:
Thank you for dying on the cross for me. I recognize that You are the true Son of God, sent to earth to pay the full price for all of our sins. I believe that you were raised from the dead and that you live forever in heaven. You are God Almighty, and I surrender to your lordship. I am sorry that I have lived my life apart from you. Please forgive me for thinking that my life could have true meaning without you, My Creator and Lord.
I turn from my sins and choose to follow You. Please wash me clean and come into my heart. I give you all my hurts, my fears, my unforgiveness, my pride, my greed and all the garbage of my past. Thank You that I can start my life over again with You.
In Jesus name, Amen.
If you made this decision today, send us an email! We would love to help you as you begin your journey of faith. We can also help you find a healthy church so that you can connect with other followers of Christ.